Herbal Ayurveda Remedy
World's Premier Health Information Site
|Home Remedies | Beauty Tips | Important Ayurveda Tips | Ayurveda for Ailments | Herbs | Ayurveda Treatments | Query|
Canafistula is a deciduous tree which grows at a very rapid rate; they are medium-sized, deciduous tree which grows to about 10 meters in height. They hold compound leaves with 5-10 pairs of opposite leaflets. It produces flowers which are golden in colour and hang in bunches of up to 40 cm long earning its common name of "golden shower tree." There are many Canafistula species worldwide which are used in herbal medicine systems. .
Botanical Name: Cassia fistula.
Family Name: Fabaceae.
Common Name: Canafistula, golden shower, Indian laburnum, purging fistula, purging cassia, gurmala, baton casse, chacara, nanban-saikati.
Part Used: Fruit, Leaves, Bark.
Habitat: Canafistula basically originates from India, the Amazon and Sri Lanka, and is now widely cultivated all over the world.
Properties of Canafistula
- Antibacterial, Antifungal.
- Anti-inflammatory, Antimalarial.
- Antispasmodic, Anti-yeast.
- Used internally and externally for pimples, blackheads, and acne.
- For skin problems (eczema, dermatitis, etc.)
- As a diuretic and antimicrobial for urinary tract problems.
- As a bowel cleanser and laxative.
- Acts as a broad-spectrum antimicrobial for bacterial, fungal, and viral infections.
Other Related Links