Herbal Ayurveda Remedy
World's Premier Health Information Site
|Home Remedies | Beauty Tips | Important Ayurveda Tips | Ayurveda for Ailments | Herbs | Ayurveda Treatments | Query|
Matico has tall shrub, presenting a singular appearance from the segmentary character of its stems and branches. The leaves are harsh, short-stalked, oblong-lanceolate, acuminate, pubescent beneath, tessellated or rough on the upper side on account of the sunken veins. The spikes are solitary, cylindrical and opposite the leaves; the bracts lanceolate; the flowers hermaphrodite, yellow, minute, and numerous. The fruit consists of small, almost black seeds.
Botanical Name: Piper aduncum.
Family Name: Moraceae
Common Name: anisillo, aperta-ruão, bamboo piper, cordoncillo.
Part Used: Bark
Properties of Matico
Uses of Matico
· Used for digestive problems like nausea, stomachaches, vomiting, dyspepsia
· Used as an antiseptic wound healer for cuts, scrapes, ulcers, boils, etc.
· As a hemostat for internal bleeding
· Used as a carminative and stomachic to expel intestinal gas and aid digestion
· Use for colds, flu, coughs, bronchitis, pneumonia and other respiratory problems
Other Related Links