Herbal Ayurveda Remedy
World's Premier Health Information Site
|Home Remedies | Beauty Tips | Important Ayurveda Tips | Ayurveda for Ailments | Herbs | Ayurveda Treatments | Query|
The papaya is a short-lived, fast-growing, woody, large herb to 10 or 12 feet in height. Papayas have exacting climate requirements for vigorous growth and fruit production. The blade, deeply divided into 5 to 9 main segments, varies from 1 to 2 feet in width, and has prominent yellowish ribs and veins. The life of a leaf is 4 to 6 months. The five-petalled flowers are fleshy, waxy and slightly fragrant.
Botanical Name: Carica papaya.
Family Name: Caricaceae
Common Name: Papaya, Papaw or Paw Paw (
Part Used: Leaves, fruit, seed, latex
Properties of papaya
Uses of Papaya
· It is mainly used for degumming natural silk
· It is also used in the manufacture of rubber from Hevea
· The juice is used for warts, cancers, tumors, corns, and indurations of the skin.
· The root infusion is used for syphilis in
· Latex used locally as antiseptic.
Other Related Links