Herbal Ayurveda Remedy
World's Premier Health Information Site
|Home Remedies | Beauty Tips | Important Ayurveda Tips | Ayurveda for Ailments | Herbs | Ayurveda Treatments | Query|
Alzheimer's disease is a slowly progressive disease. The main characteristics of Alzheimer’s disease include gradual memory loss, inability to reason and plan and distortion in the ability of talking and perceiving properly. Alzheimer’s disease causes many other personality problems in the patient. Alzheimer’s disease is caused mostly in elderly people due to age factors. Other common reasons for Alzheimer’s disease are high blood pressure, high cholesterol, coronary artery diseases, past traumatic impressions etc. Some consider a poor academic education also as a risk factor for Alzheimer’s disease.
Symptoms of Alzheimer
Some Symptoms of Alzheimer’s disease are:
· Memory loss that disrupts daily life
· Challenges in planning or solving problems
· Difficulty completing familiar tasks at home, at work or at leisure
· Confusion with time or place
· Trouble understanding visual images and spatial relationships
· New problems with words in speaking or writing
· Misplacing things and losing the ability to retrace steps
· Decreased or poor judgment
· Withdrawal from work or social activities
· Changes in mood and personality
Causes of Alzheimer
Some causes of Alzheimer’s disease include:
· Past head injuries
· Heart diseases form a major cause of Alzheimer’s disease in many cases.
· Family history
· The external environment(water, air, soil)
· Alzheimer’s disease may be caused due to internal environment also. It may be a slow virus, an imbalance of chemicals or a problem with the immune system.
Home Remedies for Alzheimer
The home remedies mentioned under may be very helpful in treating the Alzheimer’s disease:
· Regular consumption of Turmeric has been proved very effective in treating Alzheimer’s disease.
· Making Carrots, Oranges, Pumpkins as part of one’s diet can go a long way in helping you treat the Alzheimer’s disease.
· In a pan add some butter and put ginger pieces in it. Add little honey to the pan and add pepper. Have this mixture on a daily a basis for improving your memory.
· For treating the Alzheimer's disease, soy milk and the soy products are also very effective. Including the soy products in daily diet is one of the best home remedies for Alzheimer.
· Lead a healthy lifestyle with lots of fruits and vegetables included in the diet, plenty of physical activities and mental activities as part of the day, etc.
- Avoid red meat products and go for fish and poultry products, as they are less harmful for memory.
- Keep the body weight in proportion to your height and age. Increased weight could send an invitation to the Alzheimer's disease. If you are overweight then loose weight.
- Beans, seeds and nuts, whole-grain breads and cereals are very good source of various proteins and vitamins for the body. Include them in your daily diet.
- Avoid the saturated oil and use olive oil as it has fewer fats in it. Thus it will keep you fit and take care that your weight doesn't increase unnecessarily.
- Exercise not only for your body but for your brain too. Don't waste your time lying on the bed. Read some good books and keep your mind active . Give food to your mind too.
- Your fiber intake should be more. For this eat oats in your daily breakfast.
- If you are not getting proper sleep, then taking Valerian roots before bedtime will be really helpful in bringing sound sleep.
- You can also use fish oil for preparing your daily food, as fish oil is a rich source of fatty acids.
- It is said that the extract of ginkgo biloba, an herb, can improve the brain functioning. 100 to 200 mg of ginkgo biloba extract, 3 times a day, would aid the mental functioning of people with Alzheimer's.
Alzheimer Treatment and Advice
· Alzheimer patients need a lot of love and support from the caregivers which will help them make their life easier.
· Using memory aids such as wall charts, calendars, notebooks and diaries will serve as effective reminders for Alzheimer patients.
· Stimulating the mind through puzzles, reading etc. will go a long way in fighting the Alzheimer’s disease.
Other Related Links