Herbal Ayurveda Remedy
World's Premier Health Information Site
|Home Remedies | Beauty Tips | Important Ayurveda Tips | Ayurveda for Ailments | Herbs | Ayurveda Treatments | Query|
Baldness (Hair Loss)
Baldness typically refers to the lack of hair on parts of or the whole scalp. It is the most common disorder among men. Baldness medically known as Alopecia. In baldness the rate at which hair falls is much greater than the rate at which it grows. It is more common among men as compared to women. Falling hair is considered to be a severe problem in people of all ages. Baldness, sometimes called male- or female-pattern baldness.
Male baldness usually begins with thinning at the hairline, followed by the appearance of a thinned or bald spot on the crown of the head.
Women with common baldness rarely develop bald patches. Instead, they experience a diffuse thinning of their hair.
Causes of Baldness (Hair Loss)
Following are the major baldness causes:
· Prolong illness
· Unclean scalp
· Excess dandruff
· Excess intake of vitamins
· Hormonal and genetic disorder
· Stress such as worry and anxiety
· Blocking of the pores with collected dirt.
· Poor circulation of blood to the scalp
· Irregular periods
· Unclean scalp
Home Remedies for Baldness (Hair Loss)
Following are some of the effective home remedies for baldness
- Mix onion juice with honey and apply it on the effected area. It has shown some good results in hair growth and prevents hair loss.
- Take a lemon and cut it into two pieces, and rub it over the effected area. Do this regularly for 2-3 months. It has shown some good results in hair growth.
- Daily application of coconut oil mixed with lime water or lime juice on the hair prevent hair loss.
- Mix 2 tablespoon of honey with 1 tablespoon of cinnamon powder and 2-3 tablespoons of olive oil. Apply this paste over the effected area. Allow it to stand for 20 minutes and then wash it off.
- Coconut oil is a long proven remedy for hairloss and baldness and for enriching hair growth seen. A mixture of an equal quantity of fresh amla juice and lime juice, used as a shampoo also arouses the hair growth and prevents hair loss.
- Mustard oil, boiled with henna leaves is useful for healthy growth of hair. About 250 ml of mustard oil in a tin basin and has over sixty grams of henna leaves should be cooked slowly to be taken in the oil until they are burnt in the oil. The oil must be filtered with a cloth and saved. Normal massage. Head with the oil creates thick hair.
- Curry leaves also help in nourishing the hair at the roots. It also work on the pigments that give the hair its colour, its use can prevent the premature graying of the hair.
- A vigorous rubbing of the scalp with fingers after washing the hair with cold water is one of the most effective home remedies for prevention and treatment of hair loss. The scalp should be rubbed vigorously till it starts to tingle with the heat. It is active the sebaceous glandsGlands and energies the circulation in the affected area, making the hair grows well.
- Lettuce is helpful in preventing hair loss. A mixture of lettuce and spinach juice should help the growth of hair if the measure, taken in half a litre a day.
- Massage your scalp with Bhringaraja oil which is available in Maha Bhringaraja and Nilibhringadi. Applying these oils on the scalp and hair an hour before a daily bath is very beneficial in treating baldness.
BaldnessTreatment and Advice
Following are some of the simple tips to prevent baldness:
· Always keep your hairs and roots clean. Use medicated shampoo to avoid any bacterial or fungal attacks.
· Take a balanced diet rich in protein, green vegetables, cereals, fruits like mango, carrots, milk products like milk, curd, etc.
· You need to have zinc, magnesium, vitamin B and silicon in your body. You can buy these in tablet form from a health food store.
· One of the best tips for curing baldness and re-growing hair if you are a male is to reduce the level of DHT (testosterone type hormone) inside of you.
Other Related Links