Herbal Ayurveda Remedy
World's Premier Health Information Site
|Home Remedies | Beauty Tips | Important Ayurveda Tips | Ayurveda for Ailments | Herbs | Ayurveda Treatments | Query|
Body Rashes can be defined as a group of spots or red, inflamed skin that is generally a symptom of an underlying condition or disorder.Majority of time Body Rashes are temporary, a rash is only rarely a sign of a serious problem.Body Rashes in simple words is a change of the skin which affects its color, appearance or texture.Body Rashes are localized in one part of the body, or affect all the skin.Body Rashes causes the colour change of the skin, itch, become warm, bumpy, dry, cracked or blistered, swell and might be painful.
Symptoms of Body Rashes
Some symptoms of Body Rashes are:
- Inflamed skin
- Skin that is warm to the touch
- Skin that has darkened or changed colors (usually white, red or blotchy)
- Bumpy skin
- Scaly skin
- Itchy skin
- Dry skin
- A burning sensation of the skin
Causes of Body Rashes
Here are some of the Causes of Body Rashes:
- Food Allergy
- Allergies, for example to food, dyes, medicines, insect stings, metals such as zinc or nickel; such rashes are often called hives.
- Skin contact with an irritant
- Bacterial or viral infection, e.g., by the viruses that cause chickenpox, smallpox, cold sores and measles
- Fungal infection, such as ringworm
- Reaction to vaccination
- Skin diseases such as eczema or acne
- Irritation such as caused by abrasives impregnated in clothing rubbing the skin. The cloth itself may be abrasive enough for some people
- Autoimmune disorders such as psoriasis
- Repeated scratching on a particular spot.
Home Remedies for Body Rashes
The most effective home remedies for Body Rashes are:
- An effective home remedy for healing body rash would be to wash the affected area with chamomile tea. Take a cup of boiling water and steep 2-3 tsp fresh or dried chamomile flowers in it. Strain the decoction and cool it down.
- Olive oil is said to have therapeutic qualities. Apply olive oil to the affected area. It would penetrate the skin and cure the rash.
- A simple way to treat body rash would be to apply Aloe vera gel or pulp. Apply this on the affected region. This would be very helpful in treating the body rash.
- Apply baking soda on the affected body part. After applying it, press the area gently. It would provide relief from the irritation and also cure the rash.
- Take a piece of cotton cloth and dip it in calcium water or comfrey. Place this cloth on the affected area. Not only would it be calming, but also help reduce inflammation.
- Blend 10-15 basil leaves with 1 tbsp olive oil, 2 garlic cloves, salt and pepper. Apply a coat of this mixture on the rashes.
- Increase the intake of food rich in Vitamin C. Citrus fruits will work best in this regard.
- Oatmeal bath proves useful in treating body rashes. Take a cup of uncooked oatmeal and pour it into the bathwater. Immerse your body in this water. Apart from providing instant relief, it would also heal the rash.
Body Rashes Treatment and Advice
Treatment and Advice for Body Rashes are:
· Do not scrub your skin when there is a rash breakout.
· Do not expose the affected area to direct sunlight and hot water.
· Always use warm water for cleansing and not hot water.
· Do not use deodorant or soap to the affected areas.
Other Related Links