Herbal Ayurveda Remedy
World's Premier Health Information Site
|Home Remedies | Beauty Tips | Important Ayurveda Tips | Ayurveda for Ailments | Herbs | Ayurveda Treatments | Query|
A boil is a localized infection in the deeper layer of the skin. A boil starts mostly in a small area having a little redness in it. Over time, the boil becomes firm, hard, and tender. Eventually, the center of the boil softens and becomes filled with white blood cells which help in fighting the infection from the bloodstream .This collection of white blood cells, bacteria, and proteins is known as pus. Finally, a “head" is formed from the pus which can be surgically opened or spontaneously drain out through the surface of the skin. The pus within is referred to as an abscess and hence, a boil is called skin abscess.
Symptoms of Boils
Symptoms of boils include:
- Infected hair follicle
- Boil on skin
- Painful red skin swelling
- Painful red skin lump
- Local lymph node swelling
- Pus head appears on the boil
- Burst boil
Causes of Boils
Some causes of Boils are:
· Boils are usually caused by bacteria called Staphylococcus (staph).
· Problems with the immune system,
· Poor nutrition.
· Poor hygiene.
· Exposure to harsh chemicals that irritate the skin.
Home Remedies for Boils
Certain home remedies for boils are very effective in their treatment:
· Boils treatment using Garlic and Onion has been proved to be among the most effective home remedy for boils treatment. Onion juice or garlic juice may be applied on boils externally to ripen them, break and evacuate the pus. Juices of both these vegetables can be mixed in equal quantities and applied on the boil for beneficial results.
· Bitter Gourd is also an effective home remedy for blood filled boils. To treat boils, a cupful of fresh bitter gourd juice can be mixed with 1 teaspoon of lime juice, sipped on slowly on an empty stomach everyday for a few days.
· Milk cream remedy is useful in the treatment of boils. An excellent poultice for boils cure is, to apply a mixture of a teaspoon each of milk cream and vinegar with a pinch of turmeric powder. This helps to ripen the blood boils and heal them without letting them become septic.
· Betel Leaves treatment for boils is a valuable home remedy. A betel leaf is gently warmed till it softens. Coat it with a layer of castor oil. Spread the oiled leaf over the inflamed part. Replace this every few hours. After applying a few times, boil ruptures and drains out all the purulent matter.
· Cumin seeds are beneficial in the treatment of boils. Cumin seeds are ground to a paste in water. This cumin seed paste is applied to boils for beneficial results.
· Margosa leaves have proven effective in treating boils. They can be either used as a poultice, liniment or decoction with positive results. To make the decoction, boil 15 gm of margosa leaves in 500 ml water till it is reduced by one-third.
· For boils treatment, steep parsley in boiled water till it becomes soft and juicy. When it is comfortably hot, wrap it in a clean muslin or linen cloth and apply it on the boils as a poultice.
· Applying turmeric powder on boils speeds healing process. In case of fresh boils, roast a few dry roots of turmeric, dissolve the ashes in a cupful of water and then apply over the affected areas. This solution aids boils to ripen and burst.
· A warm water enema given daily helps to cleanse the bowels. This should be done during the initial juice fast or all fruit diet.
· Apply warm moist compresses three to four times a day over tender areas. This helps to bring the boil to a head and promotes easy drainage.
· A hot Epsom salt bath greatly benefits in boil treatment and should be used twice or thrice a week until boils persist and once in a week thereafter.
· A daily dry massage every morning followed by a cold water sponge is another helpful measure in the treatment of boils.
· Fresh air, outdoor exercises and breathing exercises are essential for toning up the system.
· If constipation occurs habitually, take all measures to overcome it.
Boils Treatment and Advice
Some valuable advice and treatment about boils are:
· Drain the pus from a boil at its earliest sign.
· Do not take tub baths as the staph virus can spread in the water. Use an antiseptic soap to remove the virus from the skin.
· Do not share towels, bed linens, and clothing or make up with others to prevent the spread of the virus.
· Change night clothing and underwear daily.
· Wash hands frequently along with a hand sanitizer.
· In the event of an outbreak, rub the entire body with rubbing alcohol daily for one week to prevent the spread of staph.
Other Related Links