Herbal Ayurveda Remedy
World's Premier Health Information Site
|Home Remedies | Beauty Tips | Important Ayurveda Tips | Ayurveda for Ailments | Herbs | Ayurveda Treatments | Query|
Some people have dark skin from the time they are born but people acquire dark skin in their lifetime also because of hyper-pigmentation and various other reasons. The skin pigment, melanin, is in higher quantity in a dark skin as compared to a fair skin. Dark skin may also have blemishes and patches due to high quantity of melanin which may be undesirable for many individuals.
Symptoms of Dark Skin
Main symptoms of a Dark Skin are:
- Dark brown skin
- Dark patches
Causes of Dark Skin
The main causes of Dark Skin include:
- Hereditary factors
- Skin disorder
- Sun tan
- Adrenal disorder
- Liver disorder
- Intestinal disorder
- Sun sensitivity
- Vitamin deficiency
Home Remedies for Dark Skin
Some easy home remedies help a lot in reducing the pigmentation of the skin:
- An effective home remedy to cure the problem of dark skin would be to mix 1 tsp of milk powder, 1 tsp of honey, 1 tsp of lemon juice and ˝ tsp of almond oil. Make a paste and apply this on the face. Apart from removing the tan, it would also make the skin shine.
- Take some oatmeal along with curd and tomato juice. Apply this mixture on the face and keep it for about 20 minutes. Wash your face with cold water.
- Potato acts as a very good bleaching agent. Slice a potato and keep them over the face. This would lighten the marks.
- Take a little turmeric powder and add a few drops of lime juice. Apply this on the darkened area. This would help to reduce tan effectively.
- Dry some orange peels. Then, mix them to a bowl of curd. This would be beneficial in removing tan. Keep this for about 15 minutes and wash off with cold water.
- Another effective remedy to remove tan would be to soak 4 almonds in water and keep it overnight. Grind these almonds to make a paste. Apply this paste at bedtime. In the morning, was off this paste with cold water.
- Take a tablespoon of gram flour and mix it with 2 tsp of raw milk and 2-3 drops of lime juice. Apply this mixture and leave it for 15 minutes before washing off.
- Mint leaves work well to remove the dark skin. Take some fresh ground mint leaves and make a paste of it. Keep it for 15 minutes and later rinse of.
- Grate a tomato and add 2-3 drops of lime to it. Apply this mixture on the face and keep it for 15 minutes. Repeat this two times a day for better results.
- It is advisable to increase in the intake of water. The more water you have the more toxins flush out from the body and hence have better glowing skin. As per the diet, include whole cereals, vegetables, fruits, pulses etc into your diet.
Dark Skin Treatment and Advice
· One can not change the skin color but one can increase the glow and tone of the skin and also loosen the toxins from it.
· Massaging, steaming and scrubbing of the skin helps a lot in increasing the glow and tone of the skin.
Other Related Links