Herbal Ayurveda Remedy
World's Premier Health Information Site
|Home Remedies | Beauty Tips | Important Ayurveda Tips | Ayurveda for Ailments | Herbs | Ayurveda Treatments | Query|
Low Blood Pressure (Hypotension)
Low Blood pressure is also known as hypotension. Low Blood Pressure is generated by the heart pumping blood into the arteries with much less strength than it should and is regulated by the response by the arteries to the flow of blood. A person might even faint, if the arterial pressure gets extremely low.
Blood pressure readings are measured in millimeters of mercury (mmHg) and usually given as two numbers. For example, 120 over 80 (written as 120/80 mmHg).
- The top reading is the systolic pressure, the pressure created when your heart beats. It is considered low if it is consistently below 90.
- The bottom reading is the diastolic pressure, the pressure inside blood vessels when the heart is at rest. It is considered low if it is consistently below 60.
Anybody with a reading if 90/60 mmHg or lower is regarded as having hypotension (low blood pressure).
Symptoms of Low Blood Pressure
The most common symptoms of low blood pressure are:
- Emotional instability.
- Loss of blood and slow internal bleeding.
- Lethargy, weakness, fatigue and dizziness.
Causes of Low Blood Pressure
Some of the main causes of low blood pressure are:
· Faulty nutrition or malnutrition.
· Fluids, including blood, lost from the body may also cause hypotension.
· Severe inflammation of organs inside the body such as acute pancreatitis can cause low blood pressure.
· Some medications like Alpha blockers, Beta blockers, antidepressants and Diuretics can cause Low Blood Pressure.
Home Remedies for Low Blood Pressure
The most effective home remedies for treating low blood pressure are:
· Beetroot juice is beneficial for those suffering from low blood pressure. So, have a cup of raw beetroot juice two times a day.
· Foods rich in proteins, vitamin C and vitamin B are effective in treating low blood pressure.
· Take a bowl of water and soak 30 raisins in it, overnight. Chew them one by one, on an empty stomach, in the morning and have water.
· About 5 pieces of almonds soaked overnight in water, may be grounded and taken with a glass of milk.
· Holy basil works effectively in curing low blood pressure. Take about 15 holy basil leaves and crush them. Filter the mixture with the help of a muslin cloth. Have this filtered mixture, along with a tsp of honey, on an empty stomach.
· Excessive fruit diet will be beneficial for Low Blood Pressure patient.
· Include salt, asafetida and fruits in your diet. All these are beneficial in restoring the blood pressure level.
· Fill your bathtub with lukewarm water and add one kg of Epsom salt to it. Immerse yourself in the bath for 20 minutes, before going to bed. Take caution not to expose the body to a cold area after this.
Low Blood Pressure Treatment and Advice
- Do regular breathing and other light exercises like walking, swimming and cycling.
- Ovoid overwork.
- Increase salt intake in your food.
Other Related Links