Herbal Ayurveda Remedy
World's Premier Health Information Site
|Home Remedies | Beauty Tips | Important Ayurveda Tips | Ayurveda for Ailments | Herbs | Ayurveda Treatments | Query|
'Tired eyes' is a common problem in today’s world. ‘Tired eyes’ is characterized by puffiness around the eyes and heaviness in the head. Inadequate sleep is one of the main reasons for tired eyes. Allergy, eyestrain, fatigue, conjunctivitis, excessive crying, and inadequate supply of oxygen to the cornea and pollution are other major reasons for tired eyes. In tired eyes, the eyes may become red with burning sensation and irritation.
Symptoms of Tired Eyes
These are the symptoms of tired eyes:
- Heaviness in eyes
- Burning sensation
- Irritation in the eyes
- Redness of the eyes
- Sore eyes
- Watery eyes
- Dry eyes
- Blurred or double vision
- Sore neck
- Increased sensitivity to light
Causes of Tired Eyes
The main causes of tired eyes include:
- Inadequate sleep
- Excessive crying
- Inadequate oxygen supply to the cornea
- Extended use of computer or video monitor
- Reading for extended periods
- Exposure to bright light or glare
- Straining to see in very dim light
Home Remedies for Tired Eyes
The most effective home remedies for tired eyes are:
- One of the simplest home remedies for tired eyes would be to place two spoons in the freezer. Take them out when they are cold and place them under the eyes to reduce puffiness. Do not freeze the spoons.
- Another effective method would be to dip cotton balls in tea water. Place the cotton on the eyelids and leave it there for sometime.
- Take a cucumber and cut it into slices. Place the sliced cucumber on your eyelids, to get relief from the puffiness.
- An effective option would be to wash the eyes regularly with cold water. This would help the eyes relax and also remove any kind of tiredness.
- In a small bowl of cold milk, dip a cotton ball and place it over the eyelids. This would remove all the puffiness.
- In a bowl of water, add a few drops of lavender oil. Soak a cotton ball in this and place it over the eyelids.
- Soak a cotton ball in a bowl, containing water, and a few drops of perfume. Keep the soaked cotton on your eyelids, for a few minutes.
- Place a strawberry, kept in the refrigerator for a few minutes, on the eyelids. This will be beneficial in treating tired eyes.
- Boil 2 cups of water. In it, add a small amount of boric acid. Once cooled, use the solution to wash the eyes for quick relief.
Tired Eyes Treatment and Advice
· If it’s the environment taking a toll on your eyes, try changing your routine. Getting more sleep or modifying your sleeping habits to maximize your resting time can be beneficial
· Just make sure you aren’t allergic to the products you are using
· Taking vitamin supplements, drinking more water and juice, as well as reducing food with high salt content may help reduce the appearance of tired eyes.
Other Related Links