Herbal Ayurveda Remedy
World's Premier Health Information Site
|Home Remedies | Beauty Tips | Important Ayurveda Tips | Ayurveda for Ailments | Herbs | Ayurveda Treatments | Query|
Toothache is the pain which is inside or somewhere near a tooth. Toothache may be experienced as a sharp or dull pain. The reason behind a severe toothache is difficult to diagnose. Toothaches may get worse if not treated.
Symptoms of Toothache
These are the main symptoms of toothache:
- Pain with chewing
- Hot or cold sensitivity
- Swelling around the affected tooth.
- Swelling of the jaw.
- Throbbing pain in your head, jaw, and ear
- Bleeding around the tooth or gums
- Tooth tenderness
- Bad breath
Causes of Toothache
The main causes of toothache are:
· Cavity in tooth
· Excessive consumption of junk food and sweets and chocolates
· cracked tooth syndrome
· Irritation of the tooth root
· Some conditions like sinusitis or an ear infection can also indirectly lead to tooth pain.
· Pulpal irritation
Home Remedies for Toothache
The most effective home remedies for toothache are:
· A clove of garlic with a little rock salt should be placed on the affected tooth. It will relieve the pain and, sometimes, may even cure it. A clove should also be chewed daily in the morning.
· If a person consumes one raw onion every day by thorough mastication, he will be protected from host of tooth disorders. Chewing raw onion for three minutes is sufficient to kill all the germs in the mouth.
· Chewing leaves of Guava will also prove beneficial.
· Apply a pinch of pepper powder and a quarter teaspoon of common salt on the aching tooth as it will give relief.
· Applying a paste made from bay berry bark mixed with vinegar helps relieve the toothache.
· Asafetida is a bitter, foul-smelling resinous material obtained from the roots of several plants of the parsley family, helps in instant toothache relief.
· Massage the teeth with mustard seed oil and a pinch of salt before going to bed.
· Applying ice pace on the tooth from outside brings a temporarily relief when nothing seems to work.
· Drink the juice of 2-3 star fruit twice a day to get relief from the tooth pain.
· Boil 5 gram of peppermint and a pinch of salt in 1 cup of water. Drink it to relieve toothache and other pains. You can use peppermint mouthwash.
Toothache Treatment and Advice
· Proper oral hygiene- including brushing and flossing must be stressed
· Remove irritating factors such as plaque, calculus, and faulty dentures
Other Related Links